Hi, I'm Jesslyn!
But you can also call me amber.
I literally go by either name, so you can just pick your favorite! ◡̈ I am so honored that you have made it to my little corner of the Internet.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I shot my first wedding at the age of 20, kick-starting a pretty amazing side hustle!
- I really love to read when I have time, and I spend 180 days of the year teaching 8th grade English to over 100 kiddos.
- I’m a fur mom to a sweet baby Maltipoo named Lilah who has been my sidekick for 13 years now! I also have a 2 year old pup named Opie and 12 cats. I’m probably the biggest animal lover you’ll ever meet!
- I also have a wonderful boyfriend of 8+ years who is a constant support and can make me laugh even when I’m mad.
- If I could be anywhere in the world, it would be in the Smoky Mountains. I feel most at peace surrounded by God’s gorgeous creation + getting serious R&R by relaxing in a cozy cabin.
- I am currently remodeling a very old farmhouse that was built in the late 1800s.
- I never go a day without drinking coffee.
- I have always been creative whether it been scrapbooking, journaling in my Bible, photographing, or designing. My passion for photography is fueled by the people I photograph and my desire to create beautiful photos for them to cherish for years to come.
- Binge watching shows on Netflix, Hulu, and Prime is my jam.
- I love Jesus with all my heart, and I’m so thankful for my many blessings.
- Eleven is my favorite number.
I have struggled for years to find my identity through my editing. I’ve tried many different styles of editing, and I felt discouraged for the longest. I tried the light and airy, and then I slowly transitioned to dark and moody. I finally realized that my style doesn’t fit into just one category. I dream and edit somewhere between light and airy and dark and moody. The result often ends with your photos looking warm and natural. You won’t have crazy skin tones, and your outfit colors won’t change drastically.
My main goal in my business is to capture you being your most joyful, loving, authentic self. I know all photographers say that sort of thing, but that’s for a good reason. We all love our clients being themselves and not posing for some cheesy-looking photo. While I do pose you for many photos, I do my best to bring you out of your shell and make you feel natural, confident, and beautiful in front of the camera. I want to capture the joy, the fun, and the genuine moments—-the real smiles, the real laughter, and the real, raw emotion.
Enter review here.